Sunday 13 November 2016

Sunday

Here goes for my first official Living, Being, Getting Somewhere post :)

I have that perfectionist putting-off-doing-something-because-it-has-to-be-exactly-right tendency, and obviously a first post has lots of potential for making a huge deal out of it, so to get this written I am just going to dive in and pretend its a bog standard old post.

Here's what I've done today.

My husband had a big job interview on Tuesday so my main focus has been making sure he's got everything he needs to help him prepare. This doesn't come naturally to me, he's the nurturer in our relationship, but I think I've executed it fairly well. He is currently making the dinner... but I made breakfast and lunch...

I sometimes have to work at weekends and yesterday was one of those days so today is my sole full day of relaxation before work starts full pelt again tomorrow. I'm a bit of a purpose junkie so I like to spend my spare time doing purposeful things in a relaxed way (this has been the subject of much angst in my life to date, I'm sure you'll hear more of that at some point in the future). We've been having our house painted recently so my big job today, which I was really looking forward to, was finally putting our front room (which is my office) back together. We've also had some building work done in there so it has been a proper state. After pootling round the rest of the flat (this is my favourite weekend activity) I finally got there and started putting my files and boxes out on our new shelves. I love organising and sorting, so this was a lot of fun for me.



I love going to the cinema but rarely go much these days so I have set myself the target of going at least one a fortnight. What this means is that it normally gets to the end of the fortnight and I haven't gone, so I often go on a Sunday to get my tick :) So off I went at 3pm to watch Nocturnal Animals. Now, I hadn't done very much research about it but I had heard it was very well produced so I was looking forward to it. I was running kind of late because of giving Ben (my husband) a practice interview so I rushed in and queued and bought my ticket then went to in to the right screen. I don't know if anyone has seen it but let's just say that IT IS SCARY. I don't like scary films. It got to the point where the characters were stranded in the dark on a deserted Texas road with some horrible men taunting them and I decided it was time to leave. I am not normally the sort of person to leave in the middle of the film. But our local cinema is a total bargain at £5 for a film, so I really had no compunction in getting out of there.

The upside of this turn of events is that I had a spare two hours in my day. I was planning to declare that I didn't possibly have enough time to write a first post today (because of all that husband-supporting I needed to do... a perfect excuse) but the two hours but pay to that excuse. So here I am.

You will learn that I'm a big of a habit junky and a target setter. One of my other targets is that each week I read something or watch something which is about exploring my interests and my purpose in life. I am working my way down this list of TED talks to help you find your purpose. Today I watched Emilie Wapnick talk about how some people have more than one calling, and that's ok. It reminded me that you just have to follow your passions, how ever diverse they may be, and it will all make sense at some point in the future.

The other thing I've been doing today is working out which treats my dog, Simba, finds really tasty. We're going to our first training class on Tuesday and my instructions are to take delicious treats. Here's a pic of her sitting at my feet as I type.



My plans for this evening are to continue sorting the front room out and give Ben another practice interview. On a Sunday night I then like to read the newspaper supplements in bed :)

How did you spend your Sunday?



No comments:

Post a Comment